Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Diet Coke Plus

A few days ago I spotted this new Coke product at Safeway. Diet Coke Plus - with vitamins and minerals? It just sounds so weird. I mean, sodas are the epitome of unhealthiness, so does this somehow make them better? Do the vitamins and minerals counteract the phosphoric acid and other chemicals? (Not that those qualities keep me from drinking sodas fairly frequently, but they really aren't great for you). (Ooops, just checked my own facts and discovered that the claims about Coke's nastiness are largely false). I wonder if this will go the way of Crystal Pepsi and New Coke, or if it will catch on and be the newest health craze... only time will tell. I personally can't stand artificial sweeteners (except for whatever they use in Fresca), so I won't be trying it anytime soon. If you're a Diet Coke drinker and feel brave enough to try it, please report back on taste and/or other benefits! :P

4 comments:

thomas robey said...

Vitamins in smoothies make me burp.
Coke makes me burp.
Vitamins+Coke=EXPLOSION!

manganese said...

That's funny :)

PL reports that his sister tried it and liked it.

thomas robey said...

She liked the explosion?

manganese said...

heh... I don't know, we'll have to ask :)