Thursday, February 08, 2007

Seattle Symphony goes high tech

I went to Benaroya Hall this evening to hear the Seattle Symphony perform Grieg's Piano Concerto and Bruckner's unfinished 9th Symphony. I liked the latter more than the former, perhaps due to my partiality towards wind instruments, which were much more prominently featured in the second piece. The audience, on the other hand, disagreed with me and preferred the former piece. Having not been to the symphony since the end of their amazing 100th anniversary season in 2003-2004, I was amused to see their new way of reminding people to turn off their noisy electronic devices. I snapped this picture right before I complied. I've been so spoiled with Seattle Symphony's Campus Club tickets ($10 for a ticket right before the show, best available seats in the house, for currently registered university students) that I worry I might not want to pay full price when I become a non-student someday. Tonight I was in the Founder's Tier, where the tickets normally go for $75 each. Had it not been for the fact that I wanted to sit on the left side of the hall so I could see the pianist, I could have had a seat in the Founder's Tier Box section, which is normally $99 a seat. 90% off... not bad!

No comments: