Sunday, July 09, 2006

4th of July fireworks


This year for the Fourth, I went to Elizabeth and Andrew's for a nice BBQ and then we walked down to Gasworks for the show. Despite having lived within walking distance for two years, I never did go all the way to the park for the show - but it was totally worth it! It was crowded, for sure, but hearing the music for the fireworks' choreography was awesome, and it was great to be so close. I took along my recently returned camera and grabbed some fun shots - click on the photo to see some more. These pictures came out decidedly better than the shots I took last year with my old camera, especially since that one could only keep the shutter open for 0.25 seconds at the longest. Thanks to Peter for helping me adjust the levels on the above shot. :)

I think the biggest hit of the show was the new type of firework that rose up into the sky very slowly, all the while sparkling away. Some people thought they looked like jellyfish, others thought they looked like UFOs - I just thought they were neat (and HOW did they do that?!)

No comments: