Thursday, October 04, 2007

Minimum Wage

Did you know that Washington State has the highest minimum wage in the US? It's currently $7.93/hour and will go up to $8.07/hour at the beginning of 2008.

This is good news for me because I may end up trying to find a part-time job in the near future while I conduct my more extensive career search for jobs in the biotech sector. I'm especially interested in finding a company that offers benefits to its part-time employees, as health insurance can be rather expensive (especially when one has zero income).

In other news, I've been told by my 2 readers that now that I'm unemployed I'm expected to be blogging more. Consider this a first effort with more to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Starbucks offers benefits to their part time people, with the added benefit of getting coffee and learning how to make their drinks!
kc

Unknown said...

Lookie you have a once in a while third reader!!! G'luck w/ the job search, maybe you could work at REI and get superbig discounts... but you might need to wait until the biotech job comes through to load up on gear!!