Thursday, May 18, 2006

Brand new bus stop


I noticed today a brand new bus stop near my building in South Lake Union. It's on Dexter between Mercer and Roy, northbound. This is very exciting to me for two reasons - 1) with all the construction south of the building, it's no longer as convenient to go to the stop at Dexter and Republican - so this one will be a nice alternative; and 2) this stop also includes the 16 bus (not just the 26), which means it will be a lot easier for me to get home by bus now! I'll have two choices, thus increasing the frequency with which a bus comes by that can take me home.

Strangely, though the paint on the curb is clearly new and the gravel around the base of the pole had been disturbed, the pole supporting the yellow and white Metro bus sign appears to be old - I guess Metro must recycle their poles!

No comments: