Saturday, May 03, 2008

Stimulating the economy


This morning when I woke up (with my not-quite-dry nailpolish stuck to my pajamas, oops) I didn't think, "today is the day I'll buy a new computer". Nonetheless, that's what the day has turned into.

Having been obsessively checking my bank account for W's $600 check this week, I finally got it today. I really wanted to buy Canon's Rebel XSi DSLR, but pl reminded me that with my 5-year-old Dell laptop, I wouldn't be able to do anything with the pictures I generate on said camera. Besides, I reasoned, I've got access to a great DSLR right now (the 10D) and the price on the XSi is only going to go down the longer I wait.

I've been thinking about getting a MacBook for about a year - I really like the ability to use both OSX and Windows and it sure would be nice to be able to take my computer to a coffee shop without hauling 10 pounds of accessories along with it (for example, my Dell needs an external wireless adapter because when I purchased that computer I didn't think I'd ever need wireless and didn't want to pay for the extra charge. Oops). Aside from my old roommate who seemed to get a lemon of a macbook, I haven't met anyone who didn't like theirs.

So I decided to get a refurbished macbook (one of the most recent models), which, much to pl's dismay, is faster and lighter than the one he bought in Jan. 2007. I'll buy some 3rd party RAM to make it zing when I'm editing photos.

Maybe this means I'll finally get around to editing photos and blogging about my recent trips to southeast Asia, the east coast, and California.

It's been nearly 10 years since I owned a mac (I had a molar-style mac, possibly this one, for my first two years of college) so it will be fun to see what's changed in all that time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for new computers! And yay for more picture editing! I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures!

kc

narcisusbaba said...

Slot machines for sale at JTM Hub - Missouri
JCM-Hub 하남 출장샵 is proud 용인 출장샵 to present the newest Slot Machine for sale at the Missouri Lottery. 보령 출장안마 It's a modern way to get involved with 서귀포 출장안마 the Missouri Lottery, one of the 전주 출장안마 world's