Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Update... Amante is already open

Well, it turns out Amante is already open, and has been for 3 weeks. I stopped by tonight to find out when they'd be opening and was greeted by a bright neon open sign. Stopped in and decided to order a salad to go for dinner, since my rations at home have been dwindling. The people were very nice, but I was the only customer. I think that location tends not to do well - it's right next to the Greenlake Bar and Grill, but you can't even see it or tell that there's a restaurant right next door. On the other side is Super Jock and Jill, and beyond that there's no more retail. The space has recently been occupied by a noodle restaurant and later a teriyaki place, neither of which did well (obviously).

As I waited for my salad, I looked around the interior. I really liked their light fixtures, though you can't see them in this crappy camera phone picture. The fake tree in the middle was a little weird. Otherwise, though, it was nice enough. Took my salad home to eat it, and it was pretty good! I only had half of the half-size salad, so I'll be eating the rest for lunch today. Next time maybe I'll get the full-size salad and make it into three meals...

Those of you who know me know that I tend to keep things, things that don't seem to be keep-worthy, for reasons only known to me (and sometimes not even me). Some people call me a pack-rat. I don't disagree. Anyway, so funny story. A few years ago I was house-sitting, and I wanted dinner, but didn't feel comfortable trying to cook in the kitchen there. I was tired of pizza, so I found a flier for a place that delivered and ordered some tortellini alfredo and a salad. I liked the meal so much that I kept the receipt, thinking that I'd call them again someday. I never did call them again, but I happened to look at the receipt last night and realized it was actually Amante! I guess I can shred the receipt now.

Update 02/08/07:
I forgot to post the picture of my Crispy Chicken Salad - it was quite tasty! (The lettuce is hidden underneath the chicken pieces... :)

No comments: